"I was able to give a big smile when I walked my granddaughter down the aisle on her wedding day."
"Thank you for getting me into some teeth and helping me to eat with dignity. I used to have to hide my eating because I was embarrassed to eat in public."
Donated Dental Services (DDS)
- Serves vulnerable patients
- elderly, disabled or medically compromised - who need comprehensive dental care they cannot afford.
- Dentists volunteer by seeing patients in their own offices.
- Dental laboratories volunteer by donating lab products.
- Dentists review a patient profile in advance and may choose to accept or decline any patient.
- Patients are screened by DDS Coordinators who serve as a liaison between dentist's staff and patient throughout treatment.
- Coordinators arrange for necessary specialists and lab work to be donated.
Please consider volunteering for DDS today!
Major Funding Provided by:
If you feel you, or someone you know, would be eligible to apply for DDS services, download the:
and mail to:
Donated Dental Services
PO Box 16854
Albuquerque, NM 87191
To volunteer or for information contact:
Linda Paul, Executive Director
(505) 298-7206, Fax (505) 294-9958
or Toll Free (866)-263-0671
QUICK DDS FACTS FISCAL YEAR 2014
- Dentists donated $406,964 worth of dentistry.
- Labs donated $15,735 worth of dental laboratory services.
- 109 disabled or elderly New Mexicans completed treatment
- 192 dentists volunteering in the DDS Program.
- 93 dental laboratories volunteering in the DDS Program
Recognizing the need to assist low income elderly and New Mexicans with disabilities with better access to dental care, members of the New Mexico Dental Association and the National Foundation of Dentistry for the Handicapped helped bring the Donated Dental Services Program (DDS) to New Mexico in 2001. The dental treatment is provided by dentists throughout the state who graciously volunteer their time and services. Laboratory services are also provided at no charge to the recipient.